Sunday, July 6, 2008

A conversation with Soph...

Started a few months ago....

Sophie~Mom, when is my sister coming?

Me~You don't have a sister.

Sophie~The baby one that's coming in your tummy.

Me~Uhhhh, watch you talking about Willis?

Sophie~My sister who is going to come to my house after this year.

Me~Starting to panic and rummage through cupboards for stray pregnancy test.

Me~Call Cara...uhh you wanna stop at the store before you meet me at McDonald's?

Cara~ Arrives at the play space and promptly tells me to go in the bathroom and pee on it.

Me~ All engines a go, we are clear. Pheeeewww!

This same scenario is repeated probably 3 times. You know the whole kids have a sense about these things.

Today in church Sophie is sitting on my lap.

Mom~When did you say that sister is coming?

Me~We are going to be down one sister in this family if you don't knock it off. I can't afford to have you keep having false revelation for me. Those sticks you pee on are expensive you know.
I am so OK with 2 kids and Sophie is not letting it go.

This just made me laugh...oh if this was life~

Who wants to tell her she will not look like that when she is done. Those abs and KZ's will never be the same.

3 comments:

cara said...

no seriously, when did you become so funny? also, kz's? mormon term? better teach me.

allison said...

No, you nut! It's KAZOOMBAS or KZ's for short.

Stacy Pincock said...

AL, you kill me!!!! I think Sophie needs a little sister! (Maybe when she's old enough to babysit, right?)