Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Love-hate relationship!

I have many actually...

carbs
money
children(OK, totally kidding most days)
food
life
being an adult
sugar...(are you seeing a trend?)
exercise
my minivan
Oh I could go on...

I have always exercised. Fluffy or thin, in sickness and health. The only time I did not really was when I was pregnant. I was too scared, sick and sooo tired.

I have exercised on a daily basis for years, but nothing was coming from my runs, mad dashes up 90 degree angle hills, and intense toddler chasing. Cara and I joined Crossfit. My sister and cousin were already doing it and loved it. I thought no problem, I am in rockin' shape for a chubby girl...BRING IT ON!

Dude, IT SUCKS!!!!! But I love it. I have NEVER in my life had to work so hard. I almost threw up the second day, and almost passed out last night. I pushed my self so hard. I laid on the floor in the middle of one of my sets and almost started to cry...not kidding. I couldn't walk down the stairs with Henry this morning. He got really impatient and looked at me like I was a nut case. Literally could NOT make one foot go in front of the other. So this is a new journey for me. I will track my progress and see how it goes.

Cara has KICKED my butt every time. She is way faster. My goal is to beat her. I don't care when and how, but I will. Looks like the Erdman's are challenging me all around.

Don't think I have forgotten about our 50 lb bet, Jeff.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

what is crossfit? sounds awesome.

i am sore myself today.

yesterday i lifted AND did pilates.

plus i have shin splints from running. LOL