Monday, July 7, 2008

This is how I roll!

Well technically in this...

But I'm talking coupons and shopping. We all know I have a ridiculous love of overly priced couture. Mainly the kids and my bags. I hate to buy myself anything till I get back down to the size I want.

So many people have asked me how I do it. How do I dress my kids the way I do and so on.

So this is how the kids and I were rolling today..

In above stated car.

We hit Fred Meyer~ Not usually my favorite store, but they have some steals.
Deodorant-2.50-FM coupon of 2.00=.50- my manuf coupon .75= they paid me .25
Kids soap~2.59-FM coupon 1.00=1.59- Manuf coupon of 2.00=they paid me .41
Shampoo and Conditioner(hard one for me to switch to store brand.) 6.50-FM coupon 2.00=4.50- 3.00 Manuf coupon = cost me 1.50
are you with me? I have now spent .84 on all of the above...
I added 3 boxes of cereal, 6 pack of soap, some tortillas for dinner and my grand total was 6.83!

I am addicted.

Then we headed to the mall. I had a coupon for a free Auntie Anne's Pretzel. FREE!

Headed to Janie and Jack to do a group order for a bunch of people. I got $52.36 back in price adjustments. So this is how I do it.
If I walked into Janie and Jack this dress would cost me $52.68!

Not so much. I wait till it goes on sale like it is now for $18.99. My friend in Oregon buys it for me with a 20% off coupon and no tax. We are at $15.19 with tax. It cost $2.87 to ship that dress to me. I will flip the dress after we wear it and sell it for $25-30. I like to try and get close to 30-50% more then I paid.

So you see, this is how I do it. Sophie wears things 1 or 2 times so I can maximize my money back out of it. Henry's I really only buy at dirt cheap, but really good brands. He ruins a lot and we can only sell about 75% of his clothes.

I do this with EVERYTHING from bedding, purses, baby gear, strollers, and so on.

There you have it my friends.

4 comments:

cara said...

wow, all that math at FM made me tired. but i am glad you are updating your blog more!

notjustanylisa said...

You are one sexy, smart and savvy shopping mommy!!!

:)

Chrissy said...

I like the way you roll!!!

Anonymous said...

I took notes!! Love the thriftyness! We miss you guys already! xoxo