Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sophie goes to school!!

Kindergarten!!!
How did this happen? I swear I am not old enough and neither is Sophie. Wow, I feel OLD. She was so excited she asked for months how many more days. She changed outfits and shoes, packed her backpack and unpacked several times.






The morning of she was up before 6 and ready to go. We got ready and dropped of Henry and Lucy and Grandmas!

Then she and I headed to school. I thought she would explode she could hardly stand the excitement.


Henry and I headed to the bus to wait for her. As I stood there I watched the bus head down the hill. My cell rang and it was the school. They wondered where I was. Somehow they missed getting Sophie on the bus. When I got to the school she was just hanging out with the office ladies.

She proceeded to tell me that she got tooooo sweaty on the playground and would like to wear flip flops from now on, the principal was scary and you CAN NOT talk in the hall.

She was so tired and worn out from all the excitement that she mistook the end of Henry's bed for the potty in the middle of the night. I am sure she'll love that I took note of that one, some day.

Tomorrow I take Henry for his very first day of Preschool.

2 comments:

nielsons*love*family said...

OLD??? wait until you send your kid to HIGHSCHOOL!!! (josh this year!) now THAT is old! glad to see a post from miss fancypants~
xo

klenaek said...

Imagine how I feel with a 2nd grader this year! Ella was so ready to go to kindergarten! Lookin' good!