Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lucy is here!! July 18, 2009!!!

I had 2 more days to plan and get ready. I am use to c-sections where you roll in with makeup and hair done. You have everything ready and organized. It is more my personality. Well Lucy had different plans. It was truly fitting for the whole pregnancy with her. I just KNEW my dates were wrong. No one would listen and would NOT budge on her delivery date.
So it was Saturday. Sophie, Megan and I were getting pedicures. All of a sudden I thought I was going to die. I will spare the details as to not scar my posterity of reading this in the future.
This was at 11:45ish. By 1 I was in the hospital with contractions. I have never really had these and thought I WOULD DIE!!!!! They decided she was ready to come and 30 minutes later I was heading back for a c-section. It was a long and rough surgery but she finally made it out.
She was purple and having a hard time. After one quick glance at her they carted her off to the NICU. It was almost 3 hours before I got to see her. When I did it made all of the last 39 weeks worth it. It was a LONG 39 weeks.
Meet Lucy Ray Eastman July 18, 2009
9 lbs 21 inches


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Heather said...

awe congrats! lucy is just precious! and she was like my girls...when they were ready to make their entrance into out world-they did! like little rockets! good to see you back to blogging! =)

Diane said...

I love the name Lucy - I have a very special niece with that name.

Thank you for sharing your Lucy with me in church today. It was a real treat!

melanie said...

Guess what? I was getting a pedicure with EMILY just hours before my water broke and had Ro. Is that crazy or what?

I need to see little miss Lucy like A-SAP.

Stacy Pincock said...

Al, so cute!!! How ya holdin up??? Hopefully you are hanging in there. 3 can put you over the edge sometimes!! She is such a doll though. Miss ya!

cara said...

yes!!! i have had blog withdrawals!!! glad you are back up and running. and you are adjusting so well to having 3 kids! wow!