Friday, May 2, 2008

I SAID I WOULD TRY!!!

I decided to take the cloth diaper plunge. Yeah its expensive to start. But then you are done. NO MORE trips to target for diapers that result in a cart full of other crap you didn't really need. So I did it. I ordered the diapers, the inserts, the wet bag. I decided to sew my own wipes and make my own wipe solution. No a certain location did NOT freeze over.

They are fun. You get to pick out cute fabrics and designs. Oh YAY!

OK, so the reality comes in the mail.

Henry is soooo not sure about this. He is digging the cow print one. We try it. NO WAY!! He hates it. I make him leave it on. He starts to dig it a little.

I am newbie, right? I forgot to put the liner in the diaper for any poop. So what does he do. You got it, poops. I go old school and have to slosh it around in the toilet. I SWORE I would never put my kids through the pain of getting up to go to the bathroom only to find a diaper in there and not be able to go. Childhood memories, of course.

Sam is NOT having the cloth diapers. So looks like if I stick with it, I am on my own.

I am not loving it. I told myself 1 week. I have to stick it out that long.

If no go, then I will sell them. YUP, you can sell them for almost retail...USED.

I told you nothing stays in this house for long until it gets sold. EVEN THE DIRTY DIAPERS!!!





3 comments:

cara said...

glad to see the blog is back up and running! didn't i tell you it was crazy to do cloth diapers!!??

Sarah Humble said...

You're brave. There is NO way I would do cloth diapers!!! I think I have bad childhood memories too!! Good luck..... I guess. ;)

notjustanylisa said...

LOL...loved your take on cloth diapering. Hang in there and good luck!!