Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More projects...

We had 2 night stands from when we got married that were not being used for much. I decided to redo them and use them in the house. I took one from Henry's room. I wanted a vintage, distressed look. I love how it came out.

Before...

Photobucket
after..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have one more to go. I am doing another one for the living room.
Now this is the girls room before. I need some jazz in here, on a budget. I would love any ideas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I saw this on another blog and loved the idea. It asked what your favorite place in the house was right now. I know mine changes but the living room is mine right now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What's your?

5 comments:

melanie said...

I love what you did to Henry's nightstand. We've done similar with random furniture that was blah and is now easier on the eye.

In the girls' room. I'd get some cute knobs for the desk drawers, maybe something that has red in it. Try these:

http://search.anthropologie.com/?q=knob&international=false

Then I'd paint the basket on top of Lucy's dresser red too.

I love projects like that! I should get your advice on Ronan's room, now THAT is blah.

melanie said...

I know, I know, that was a long comment...next time I'll just email you.

Unknown said...

well, since most people say 'wow, you really don't have any furniture' when they come into my house my favorite place in my house is twofold, neither of which i had to contribute anything to: my kitchen. it's amazing. and my view. also amazing but a little bit more than my kitchen. :)
i love what you did with that table. it looks very professional. and i have no ideas for your girls room. i totally lack in all design arenas.

allison said...

So Mel, tell me why you are thinking red. Sophie wants her chair purple and I said no. I do have the same green from the living room armoir we could do her chair.
Noelle, I want to come see this awesome house so bad.

Unguren said...

The table looks great. Well done.

You could add a stripe on their walls. That might add just enough and will not cost much.