Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My body...we have a, well just hate relationship!!

I can't even say love/hate. It's just hate.
Reasons...
1. I can't lose weight. I know what you are all thinking. I must be doing something wrong.
  I exercise everyday. Some days for 90 minutes(running, swimming, spinning and so on).
   I eat 1500 calories and do no sugar. Ok so I do drink diet coke but also drink tons of water.
2. I have ovaries that hate me and the world around me. They are trying to punish me. Don't know why I havewhat is called polycystic ovarian disease.
3. I don't sleep well. I am always tired in the morning. ALWAYS.
4. I have a broken ankle that I run, swim and spin with. It hates me also.
5. Shin splints-they hate me.

I finally saved enough money to get a bodybugg. Its like walking around with monitors that calculate everything you do. It said I should have lost 3-4 lbs my first week according to my excess calorie burn. I gained a pound.  It confirmed to me that I am not crazy. Something is just so wrong.

So while a few of these things are self induced, some are not. BUT, I think for the first time in YEARS...like 20 I may have ideas of what is wrong with me.
My lovely husband who is a pre-med student, and ususally makes me batty with all his diagnosing, was learning about a new disease and its like it all fell in his lap.
I am going to have testing done for Cushing's Syndrome. It all makes so much sense and would explain everything if I do have it.
The down side. It would mean I have a tumor on my pituitary gland and need Chemo, radiation, or surgery.  While I pray I don't have the tumor and I don't need to do any of the previous things mentioned, I would also love to finally know why I am the way I am. Which is the lesser of 2 evils I guess?

No comments: