Monday, August 22, 2011

Time to get caught up!!!!

Wow, it's been months and we've been BUSY!!!!

We got through the end of the school year for Sophie and Sam. I took a few months off due to everything coming up.
The middle of May I did the woman of Steel triathlon in American Fork. It was a tougher course but was really fun. I had trained a couple of girls from school to do it with the Tri for Parkinson's team and we have a blast.

The next weekend we headed to California as a family to do the annual fountain Valley Triathlon. My mom joined us as we raced again for Tri for Parkinson's. I was sicker than a dog and decided to just fill myself with theraflu and drugs and go for it. I was tough but was able to maintain my time.
Sophie did the kids Tri and I think is just as hooked as Sam and I are.

Then we headed to Seattle for 2 weeks where I held the first annual Tri for Parkinson's 5k/10k. It was a pretty good success with over 100 runners. Can't wait for next year. The kids had so much fun being back in Seattle playing with cousins, friends, and spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's. 

We packed it up and headed back to Utah. A few days later I did my first half marathon. Let me give you some advice. Do not do a half Marathon a high altitude after being at sea level for a month, bring your own water in case they run out and don't buy new shoes the week before. If you have those things down you'll do great. ;)

The next little bit was nice and quiet(well for us anyway). I was out of school so the kids and I got to play and swim as often as we could. I think we all needed it.

Sam had 2 weeks off of school till Fall starts and we enjoyed a long bike ride, swim workouts and hikes as a family.

This last weekend I was able to go run the Grand Teton Relay. That's an adventure and story for it's own post!!

No comments: