Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I will survive...

Yup, now you have the song in your head. ;)
Yesterday I walked into the laundry room to find a lake of water flooding out into the hall. I ran and turned off the washer. This had to be it since 20 minutes before I started a load. I call Sam in a panic. I'm a girl. What do I do? I know, know but that's why I have the babies and do the house stuff. I'm a girl. ;)
My dad comes over with a shop vac and we start getting the water out. Slowly it is going down so that I can suck it up with towels. I "think" we are ok till my dad turns on the washer again and....more water. Then I discover it in the bathroom. Oh and then in the family room. It was a mess.
Sam came home early to help. He then let me know he was laid off. No notice, no warning. Just don't come back. They have slowly been letting people go as the work gets less and less. We were always told that Sam would be ok. He's one of the best. Cream of the crop.
I was heartbroken, angry...you name it.
Here we are in the beginning of the Holiday season and 3 kids.
I was up a lot last night and decided I can make this work, do I have choice? I can do it. It's gonna suck, big time. But until something comes along I'll make it work. I just wish we had been able to uncover ourselves from the last time this happened. But it will be ok. I guess it has to be.
When it rains, it floods.

3 comments:

Diane said...

As long as you want to have songs running through your head, as hard as it is:
All you need is love

No one needs physical gifts. Your love is enough.

nielsons*love*family said...

xoxoxooxxoxoxo

Heather said...

oh no. =( that's awful, i'm so sorry.

take a deep breath...remember that you have all of the holiday stuff done so that is a relief there.

will be praying for you and your family.

lots of love...